2015/16 EPL outright title winner betting and odds
- By: Scott Jack
- August 2, 2015
- 1201 Views
THE English Premier League (EPL) season gets underway on Saturday, August 8th 2015.
Futures markets are heating up – in this article we’re going to analyze the outright winner market, top four finish market and top ten finish market, which are three of the most popular Premier League futures betting markets.
Last year’s title winner – Chelsea — are the favorites to be crowned champions again this campaign. Chelsea won the title for the fifth time last season and it was the first time they won the title since the 2009-10 season.
Manchester City are next in the market, while Arsenal and Manchester United round-up the top four teams.
Sign-up at 5Dimes to get the best Premier League betting coverage all season and constant rewards, such as free plays. Bovada.lv is great for betting on the EPL too, and they offer a new $250 cash bonus for joining.
Most expensive Premier League transfers 2015/16
- Raheem Sterling (Liverpool to Manchester City) €69,400,000
- Christian Benteke (Aston Villa to Liverpool) €46,500,000
- Roberto Firmino (Hoffenheim to Liverpool) €41,000,000
- Morgan Schneiderlin (Southampton to Manchester United) €35,000,000
- Memphis Depay (PSV to Manchester United) €34,000,000
- Bastian Schweinsteiger (Bayern to Manchester United) €20,250,000
- Georginio Wijnaldum (PSV to Newcastle) €20,000,000
- Aleksander Mitrovic (Anderlecht to Newcastle) €18,000,000
- Matteo Darmian (Torino to Manchester United) €18,000,000
- Nathaniel Clyne (Southampton to Liverpool) €17,600,000
Who will win the Premier League title in 2015/16?
- Chelsea +165 (2.65) – Last season’s record: 26-9-3 (87 Points)
The Jose Mourinho-led Blues are deserving favorites, but repeating as champions won’t be a cakewalk. Chelsea have been quiet during the summer transfer window – the biggest additions are Asmir Begovic (GK) and Radamel Falcao (F).
Begovic will replace Petr Cech as the back-up, while Falcao will look to bounce back in the Premier League after a poor showing with Man Utd. last season. So, where will the Blues excel? Chelsea still have the best midfield in the EPL.
Eden Hazard, Cesc Fabregas, Oscar, Ramires, Willian and Nemanja Matic will ensure the Blues have the best midfield in the league. Chelsea conceded the fewest goals last season (31) and they’ll rack up clean sheets again.
- Manchester City +300 (4.00) – Last season’s record: 24-7-7 (79 Points)
Did Manuel Pellegrini do enough to improve Man City this summer? Man City have the best squad on paper, but will that translate into a Premier League title? City won the title in 2011-12 and 2013-14, so will the trend continue?
Man City spent a lot of money this summer – Fabian Delph and Raheem Sterling are the two biggest signings. Sterling will add youth to the attack and could help reenergize veterans like Sergio Aguero, David Silva and Samir Nasri.
Yaya Toure and Vincent Kompany have the most to prove, after struggling in 2014-15. Aguero led the league in goals last campaign with 26 goals and scoring won’t be a problem – the key for City will be winning consistently without letdowns.
- Arsenal +440 (5.40) – Last season’s record: 22-9-7 (75 Points)
Arsenal finished 3rd last season, but I expect the Gunners to regress. Why? Well, first off, Arsenal have been extremely quiet in the summer transfer window, only bring Petr Cech aboard. He’ll add value, but not nearly enough.
I believe Arsenal needed to target a big goal-scoring threat. Daniel Welbeck struggled last season with Arsenal and I’m not a believer in Olivier Giroud. Alexis Sanchez is one of the best players in the league, but they need a better attack.
- Manchester United +490 (5.90) – Last season’s record: 20-10-8 (70 Points)
I love the summer Louis van Gaal has had with Manchester United. The Red Devils brought in Bastian Schweinsteiger (M), Matteo Darmian (D), Morgan Schneiderlin (M) and Memphis Depay (M) this summer.
It appears David De Gea will play out his contract, which is great news. With Robin Van Persie and Falcao gone – a lot of pressure will be on Wayne Rooney upfront. I expect Man Utd. to finish 3rd, but they won’t contend with the big two yet.
So, who am I betting on to win the 2015-16 Premier League title?
Best Bet: Manchester City +300 (4.00) at 5Dimes.eu
It was between City and Chelsea – I can’t imagine any other team competing for the title this season. Both teams are way better on paper than the opposition. Man Utd. made great strides, but there are still too many question marks.
Will Depay find success in his first campaign in the Premier League? Can all of the new pieces gel together quick enough?
I’m not convinced. City have had trouble defending the title when they win, but they often go out and spend some cash the following summer to get back on top. Sterling is EPL tested and will provide the spark City needs.
Premier League top four finish best bets
Can any team other than the big four finish in the top four this season?
The squads with the best chance to finish in the top four are Liverpool (+275), Tottenham (+600) and Southampton (+1400). All three teams finished with 60+ points last season, but Liverpool improved the most.
I like what Tottenham did to shore up problems on the back line by signing Toby Alderweireld (D), Kieran Trippier (D) and Kevin Wimmer (D), but Liverpool have gone out and spent over €110,000,000 this summer.
Liverpool’s biggest signings were Christian Benteke (F) and Roberto Firmino (F), but I’m really impressed with the two free transfers of Danny Ings and James Milner. Both players will look to have a big campaign with their new squad.
Adding Nathaniel Clyne (D) to the back line will also help a ton and add some youth with lots of experience.
- Best Bet: Liverpool +275 (3.75)
Premier League top ten finish best bets
You don’t have to focus on the top teams in the Premier League when you’re hunting for value in the futures betting markets – there are plenty of alternative markets — such as betting on a team to finish top ten.
I’ve bet on two squads in this market – Crystal Palace (+175) and West Ham (+175).
Crystal Palace finished in 10th place (48 Points) last season, while West Ham finished in 12th place (47 Points).
I’ve been impressed by the summer that both squads have had. Crystal Palace can score goals and adding Yohan Cabaye from PSG is a huge move for the small club. Alan Pardew is a great manager and will keep this team from regressing.
West Ham brought in a ton of new talent, including Manuel Lanzini (M), Carl Jenkinson (D), Angelo Ogbonna (D) and Dimitri Payet (M), among others. Ogbonna and Payet are both great signings that’ll lift West Ham up the league table.
With a stronger back line and midfield – West Ham should crack the top ten. Andy Carroll will need to come back strong from injury, while Diafra Sakho and Enner Valencia will need to provide the goal-scoring touch until Carroll is back.
Complete odds to win Premier League title in 2015/16
- Chelsea +165 (2.65)
- Manchester City +300 (4.00)
- Arsenal +440 (5.40)
- Manchester United +490 (5.90)
- Liverpool +2850 (29.50)
- Tottenham +14500 (146.00)
- Everton +50000 (510.00)
- Southampton +61000 (620.00)
- Swansea City +300000 (3001.00)
- Stoke City +300000 (3001.00)
- West Ham +300000 (3001.00)
- Crystal Palace +300000 (3001.00)
- Newcastle +300000 (3001.00)
- West Brom +500000 (5001.00)
- Aston Villa +500000 (5001.00)
- Leicester City +500000 (5001.00)
- Sunderland +500000 (5001.00)
- Bournemouth +750000 (7501.00)
- Norwich City +750000 (7501.00)
- Watford +975000 (9751.00)
Join the Betting Planet team!
Are you passionate about sports betting? Tipsters and news writers required TODAY!
Experienced preferred but not essential. (All apps considered).View Careers at Race Media
Top Online Casinos
100% up to $3000
Latest Betting News
- UFC Fight Night main card betting preview & best bets – 25/3/23
- Vera vs Sandhagen UFC Fight Night betting preview & best bets
- BKFC 39 Barnett vs Alvarez picks, best odds & value bets
- KSA fines Red Ridge Marketing €675,000 for breaching rules
- UK Gambling Commission lacks resources to inspect betting crimes
- Georgia Senate to create committee to investigate gambling
- Massachusetts announces voluntary gambling self-exclusion program
- New Jersey set to create treatment program for gambling addicts
- Norwegian lawmakers want gambling axed from consumer rights act
- North Carolina mobile betting bill passes House committee vote
- Safest online casino jurisdictions
- How to guides
- How to win at pokies
- How to play online pokies
- PaysafeCard online casino deposits
- MasterCard Online Casinos
- Online Casinos Accepting POLi
- 32Red Casino Review
- All Slots Casino Review
- Boombet Casino review
- Horse racing games at casinos
- Credit card deposits at online casinos
- Films about blackjack
- Live dealer casinos
- How to play live dealer blackjack party
- Online Blackjack
- Top online casinos 2022
- Online casino deposits
- MasterCard Online Casinos
- Online Casinos Accepting POLi
- PaysafeCard online casino deposits
- Online slots
- Playing Pai Gow Poker on the Internet
- Online keno
- Online poker
- Online poker tournament structures
- Real money online roulette 2022
- Online multi-wheel roulette – what is it?
- How to play online scratch cards in 2020
- Sit & Go online poker tournaments
- Skrill e-wallet deposits at online casinos
- Visa online casino deposits
Sports Betting Guides
Deposits & Withdrawals
Top Country Betting sites
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Dominican Republic
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- United Kingdom