Nevada betting sites 2022
NEVADA is one of the few states in the USA where some online gambling is regulated and not completely outlawed.
The home of Las Vegas has legalised betting on various sports, including NFL, NBA and other major events.
While the issue of online sports betting has not been fully addressed in law, some companies like William Hill, skirt around these laws by having brick and mortar shops, and allowing you to bet via an app.
Forms of regulated gambling in Nevada include land-based casinos and online poker.
Sports betting in Nevada
The rule of thumb in Nevada is that you must place your wager in person at a betting shop. For instance William Hill has over 100 shops and kiosks across the state.
- Westgate: One of the oldest sportsbooks in the state and one of the most respected. Has been known to take on the big whales and caters to these bettors specifically by keeping a $1,000 minimum window open at most times.
- Wynn Las Vegas: Another sportsbook known for taking on the bigger punters. Has recently been refurbished and is again one of the premier locations to watch and bet on sport.
- Station Casinos: Is very popular but probably doesn’t take on the bigger punters as much as the other two mentioned. Offer generous spreads and odds and has a great loyalty program that crosses into the casino floor. They also have a great betting app. Some of the sportsbooks under this brand include Red Rock Resort, Texas Station and Boulder Station.
- William Hill: It seems like this global betting company is just waiting to pounce when the US finally regulates sports betting. Has over 100 shops and kiosks in Nevada and a betting app which allows you to place the same wagers.
Online sportsbooks for Nevada
Unlike some states Bovada.lv does not allow citizens of Nevada to join. This is because there are regulated betting sites and shops. If there is one sure fire way to feel the wraith of a Government it is to take business away from it.
However no one in Nevada has ever been charged with wagering at an offshore sportsbook. However we choose not to promote them on BettingPlanet.com.
Betting on horse racing in Nevada
Unlike sports wagering, punting on the horses online in Nevada is 100% legal with plenty of options to place bets on all horse racing in the USA.
Horse racing and greyhounds were given a possible exemption under the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act, with the ability to grant these exemption then coming down to each state, an offer Nevada took up with open arms.
Some of the more legal popular horse racing sites to bet with in Nevada include Twinspires.com, BetAmerica.com and TVG.com.
Online poker in Nevada
Poker is the only form of casino gambling that is allowed online from Nevada legally. It is full regulated and features several different sites that citizens can play at.
The big International poker sites Pokerstars and 888Poker no longer operate in the USA. Some of the bigger casinos like Wynn and Caesars offer legal online poker, but there remains a great push by the brick and mortar operators against third party sites offering poker.
There is roughly one million poker players using online sites from Nevada, with the state having an agreement with Delaware to pool their players together.
- WSOP.com: Is the largest poker site in Nevada and one of the most well-known brands in the world because of its land-based World Series Of Poker events. Is fully licensed to operate in Nevada and offers high and low limits games. Also features satellites into bigger tournaments at various casinos around Las Vegas.
Online gambling laws in Nevada
Land-based casinos are obviously thriving in Las Vegas and Nevada, but that in some ways has stunted the growth of the online sector – because the big casino operators don’t want their business eroded by people switching to the online variation.
Having said that online poker in recent years has been legalised in Nevada, with many of the bigger casinos also boasting a poker website.
Sports betting was first addressed in USA in the Federal Wire Act, which was introduced in the USA, which significantly was put in place to stop gambling.
Later the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006 was enforced, but this does not override Nevada’s laws which allow online poker. This same exemption does not extend to online casinos and sportsbooks, but it does not stop citizens from using these
In June 2017 another major piece of legislation was passed which allows Nevada to enter into negotiations with other countries and tribal governments to operate in Nevada. No major online companies have taken up any opportunities though. This same bill was also brought in with the intention of allowing people from other states and countries to play at gambling sites hosted in Nevada.
The legal age for gambling in Nevada is 21, although many offshore sites that accept punters from the USA will allow you to join if you are 18.
hi wish is better to bet online your planet.i