Top online casinos in New Jersey 2022
New Jersey is one of the limited places in the USA where gambling has been fully legalized, and it’s no surprise why online casinos are growing in this environment. However, with plenty of options, punters still wonder which are the best NJ online casino sites. Our guide to the top casinos online in New Jersey will arm you with everything you need to successfully gamble with real money. We will teach you how to play at legal USD online casino sites via mobile, apps, desktop and basically anything with an internet connection.
The best NJ online casinos for 2022 are:
TABLE COMING SOON
Top online casinos in New Jersey 2021
In this section of our New Jersey online casinos guide we will run you through some of the top gambling sites that are accessible legally. These casinos are all licensed by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement, which provides a high level regulatory experience for gambling operators. Our pick of the NJ online casinos include:
Betfair Casino New Jersey
New Jersey’s Betfair Casino is an agreement between Betfair plc and the Golden Nugget in Atlantic City. At Betfair, US punters can bet legally on all sports and horse races, as well as slots, table games, and live dealer games
Golden Nugget Casino Online
In terms of generating revenue, New Jersey online casinos don’t come much bigger than the Golden Nugget. It’s no wounder, as Golden Nugget provides one of the best casino experiences on the internet in the Garden state. Not surprising the casino won the coveted EGaming Review (EGR) North America award for Operator of the Year three years running.
Golden Nugget Online Casino has one of the extensive ranges of games in New Jersey. You can select from over 700 slots, progressives, and table games from over multiple providers. You can also make deposits in person at the Golden Nugget AC casino cage.
Pala Casino Online
The Pala online casino run in New Jersey under the Borgata’s gaming license. However, Pala does not ration the technological platform with bwin.party, like Borgata does. Instead, Pala operates on a registered gambling platform.
You can access many top video slots and table games through Pala Casino’s desktop interface. Pala also offers a download app for iOS devices.
The Pala Casino Rewards program includes 11 tiers. You can get a Daily Free Spin after making a deposit of $50. Pala also gives monthly drawings for depositing punters, including bonus spins on the site’s $1m slot machine game.
Caesars Online Casino New Jersey
Caesars Online is the casino website of Caesars Atlantic City, and is one of the bigger New Jersey internet casinos.
The famous operator uses the platform and software from Amaya, among other developers. Caesars does offer online poker, but only through its WSOP NJ (World Series of Poker New Jersey) company.
Borgata Online Casino
Borgata Online is the casino site of Borgata Atlantic City. It’s fueled by software from bwin.party, and provides NJ online casino gaming and poker. The poker product has a shared player pool with partypoker New Jersey.
Borgata belong to two land-based big names within the gambling industry, MGM and Boyd. As many states that will legalise online gambling only permits land-based operators to run on the net, Borgata has considerable opportunities to grow their online presence to more US states in the future.
Borgata gives a new player bonus worth $600. Players also receive $20 in bonus dollars with which to play at the site.
888 Casino NJ
UK operator 888 runs in the state of New Jersey through its land-based ally, Caesars. 888casino offers slots, table games, and online poker, as well as a fully-marketed live dealer lobby.
The online poker activities is in agreement with WSOP New Jersey, which means you can find many of satellites into the annual World Series of Poker.
888 is one of the biggest online casino, poker, and sports betting brand’s in the world (with revenues of $541.8m in 2017 alone), and as such, undoubtedly has plans to enter all regulated markets in the US as soon as possible.
Top 5 NJ gambling sites
In this section of our top casino sites guide for New Jersey we will run you through our top 5 gambling sites, which often operate across various US states, depending on their stance around online betting.
- BetMGM – After taking charge of the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa in 2016, MGM released the BetMGM online casino and poker sites in New Jersey. The BetMGM online casino is accessible via both Android and iOS, offering you over 100 different casino games to play. The casino is fitted with both real money and free casino games, spanning from slots to blackjack to roulette and even live dealer. The BetMGM online casino app offers seamless integration with the BetMGM sportsbook and poker site.
- Unibet Casino – Unibet is out of the Kindred Group, which runs 11 online gambling sites. A partnership between Kindred and the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City started in 2018, leading to the design of New Jersey’s Unibet Casino. Before now, Unibet had no US existence, so this move into the states is a new and exciting one. This addition significantly contributes to the online gambling scene in New Jersey State.Thanks to its solid reputation for honest gaming, Unibet has built its name over the last 20 years. Unibet Casino is licensed and regulated by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement, which look over gaming operations within the state.
- Borgata Online – Borgata Casino and Hotel has a well-deserved prestige as New Jersey’s best casino property. Borgata is also one of the top online casinos in New Jersey. Borgata Sportsbook and Casino is among more successful online gambling companies in the US thanks in part to effective deposits, many choice of slots to play, sporty poker tables and frequent punters promotions. Mobile sports betting was included in 2019 to make this a well-stocked gaming site.
- DraftKings – DraftKings’ Sportsbook is the best all-round online sportsbook in the US. It has a well built modern app, with a variety of betting options, instantly updated lines, and, in some states, casino games. Whether DraftKings offers casino games will largely depend on the gambling laws and regulation in your state. DraftKings interface is not faultless, but it’s clean and easy to use, plus it is geared with instantly familiar feel. They allow all kinds of casino deposit options, like credit card and PayPal, but lack some of the more sophisticated methods provide by SugarHouse Sportsbook. Overall, DraftKings provides a great sports betting app, which is accessible for both iOS and Android users.
- Pala Casino – People residing in New Jersey have the honor to choose from many of the top-rated online casinos. One of such casino is Pala Casino. Operated by the Pala Band of Mission Indians, San Diego’s Pala Casino Resort and Spa is the owner of this New Jersey online casino. Although the original company of this casino is based in California, Pala Casino does have an operating license issued by New Jersey.
Casino games available in NJ
- Online slots: a number of slot titles are available, many with progressive jackpots, for the most popular casino game. While slots provide a lower total return to players than most other online casino games, New Jersey slot sites offer a return a higher percentage than most others.
- Live Dealer: many NJ online casinos provide live casinos that includes live dealers for most of the famous tables games such as blackjack, roulette and baccarat. The game is just as it sounds. Alike to a land-based casino, hands are dealt by a live dealer and then streamed (usually from a studio) to your personal computer or mobile device.
- Table games: many online choices, vary from blackjack to baccarat to roulette to a differnce of poker variations, including Pai Gow, Three-Card Poker and Let it Ride.
- Poker: most of the online poker sites are operating in New Jersey, including the popular PokerStars and WSOP. In addition, New Jersey together with three other states agreed with Nevada and Delaware to share player pools, increasing the number of available players.
- Lottery: buy games directly from your mobile phone, where you can scan barcodes of scratch-off tickets and draw games to know if you’ve won. You can also receive jackpot alerts.
- Bingo: Offered by three NJ online casinos, with 90-ball the most common variety. It’s easy to play-the software will mark off the numbers called for you.
NJ online casino sign up offers & bonus bets
Giving bonuses and promotions is the rule, not the exception, for New Jersey online casinos. And as the number of real money casinos continues to expand, so does the fight to lure new customers, making online casinos spend more money on marketing and promotions to get new clients.
The casino bonus offers come in many formats, featuring welcome bonus, free spins (for slots players), deposit matches, no deposit and risk-free bonuses and of course, reload bonuses for existing customers. Some casino brands require that you key in the promotional code number to claim your bonus.
Generally, NJ online casinos permit you to claim an initial bonus only once, but you can sign up at many sites and claim multiple bonuses. Casino sign up bonuses in New Jersey are among some of the best in the world, largely because it is such a fresh and new online gambling market.
It’s good to read the fine print on all of these casino bonus offers. Usually, the bonuses are not cashble until you play a number of hands or games. And when eligible to be cashed, it’s often in specific increments and only after the bonus money was placed on several bets.
NJ gambling laws surrounding online casinos
New Jersey was at the front line of both online gambling and sports betting legalization.
In 2013, Gov. Chris Christie signed a bill allowing licenses for NJ online gaming sites, provided they enter into partnership with existing Atlantic City casinos, which were having hard times. Nine months later on November 26, 13 online casino sites officially started in New Jersey.
Technical hiccups and a small number of mobile casino options initially slowed the growth and performance of NJ online casino and poker sites. Eventually, enhanced technology and the introduction of Live Dealer Games, which simulates a land-based blackjack game online, for example, helped lead to stronger demand and increased online revenues and profits.
A big boost was given to NJ online gambling sites in 2018 when the U.S. Supreme Court overturned the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA), which had prohibited sports betting outside Nevada. The decision brought to an end a seven-year court battle between New Jersey and the NCAA/pro sports leagues for the right to provide sports betting. NJ’s new law permits legal sports betting both online and at the state’s casinos and racetracks.
The NJ gambling laws are constantly being updated with this a time of great change in the industry. This is because it is slowly being made legal across the US.
New Jersey was at the center of a seven-year court battle to legalized sports betting sites in the USA (outside of Nevada) and is now enjoying the benefits. The U.S. Supreme Court overturned the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA) in May 2018. A NJ sports betting bill quickly became law and less than a year later in May 2019, New Jersey was already the nation’s sports betting king – the first state to have more money legally bet on sports than Nevada.
The NJ sports betting market has quickly increased to 10 sportsbooks at land-based casinos and racetracks and at least 17 online sportsbooks, which is where most of the action is. In Nov. 2019, more than 86% of the record $562.7 million in New Jersey sports bets was wagered online. This growth is expected to be extenuated by the covid-19 pandemic, which has seen many of NJ casinos shutdown. This means casinos have become more reliant on their online casinos to turn a profit and early indications are that this is ringing true.
Deposit options at NJ online casinos
Online casinos in New Jersey are legal and have safe USD payment options available to their customers. These casino payment types many options the majority of US residents would be familiar with. This includes web wallets, credit and debit cards, payment processors and even the ability to pay with cash.
The list of real money USD casino payment types includes:
- Play+: A prepaid debit card that permits instant deposits. Many NJ online casino sites permits you to apply for one on your account page with no extra fees once you have signed up for an online casino account. Add funds to your Play+ account with a credit or debit card. The card was created for only this purpose, making it a cool to use, and you can get your winnings from ATMs as well as places that accept Discover.
- PayPal: The famous e-wallet option permits you to transfer funds from a PayPal account to your NJ online casino account. Set up and fund your PayPal account with a credit or debit card
- ACH/bank transfer: This is almost the same as of an instant e-check, with the online operator creating a direct connection to a player’s checking account. It also makes it easy to reload your account if you want. It is a popular option among high players because of its higher limits, but it does take a while to access winnings, making bankroll management essential.
- PayNearMe: permits a deposit without using a bank account. Players can add funds to their online account with cash in person at many of participating New Jersey 7-Eleven, Pharmacy and Family Dollar stores. Vouchers are given which are used to fund your casino account.
- Wire transfer: Can be done through your bank or a dedicated money store.
- Check: Cashier and individual checks can be used to fund an online account. Send to the address of the casino site or go to the casino cage at a partner land-cased casino.
- Neteller: Another e-wallet option. Easily set up a Neteller account and add funds to it any way you wish.
- Debit/credit cards: The major accepted debit/credit depositing options at NJ online casinos are Visa and Mastercard. But keep in mind, acceptance rates are still low because financial institutions have been slow to catch up with legal betting in the United States.
NJ online casino licensing
The New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement is in charge of all things online casino in this US state, which is in-line with other US states that have legalized gambling. On the NJ Government website they have a full list of the gambling sites that are licensed to operate within their borders.
The NJ Division of Gaming Enforcement essentially lays out the framework and laws for online casinos to operate here. This includes things like placing restrictions on what they can advertise, how the sign up process works and even minimum and maximum betting limits. Expect the NJ Division of Gaming Enforcement to continue to provide a stable influence on the online casino industry in the USA.
There has been some talk of creating a national gambling body to handle regulation and legislation of the online casino industry, however this appears to be some way off and less likely now the Democrats are in charge. So for the time being the US will continue to be a patchwork quilt of online casino laws.