Indian Premier League betting
There is no competition in world cricket that combines the best players from all over the world quite like the Indian Premier League.
Established in 2008, the IPL fed the incredible demand for a new T20 competition after the format’s popularity surged in the cricket-mad country.
With eight franchises willing to pay exorbitant amounts of money to attract the best limited overs talent from all around the world, the IPL changed the sport as we know it — turning the biggest hitters and shrewdest bowlers into the richest men in the game.
The IPL is a betting phenom around the world, attracting viewers and keen punters from all of the cricketing nations.
Best bookmakers for betting on the Indian Premier League
Best bookmakers for IPL betting
|#1||50% matched deposit up to USD $5,000||
||> Review||Bet Now|
|#2||Claim a 50% deposit bonus up to the value of USD $250||
||> Review||Bet Now|
Like we recommend with all sports, it is especially important to open multiple betting accounts before having a bet on the IPL. Each bookmaker provides different sign-up bonuses and most will have different specials and promotions on offer throughout the season.
It costs nothing to open an online bookmaker account and we recommend looking closely at which bookmakers will accept your bets.
Some bookmakers, depending on who you sign up with and where you live, will even provide a free live stream of the IPL matches.
Tips for betting on the IPL
*Click on the tabs below to read the tips:
- One of the key reasons to sign up with multiple online bookmakers is because each bookmaker can often offer different odds.
Every single time you bet, you should be comparing the odds from each bookmaker for your tip.
Even if the difference of the odds is $2.50 to $2.60, it’s important to take the bigger return, as in the long run, every cent counts and it all adds up.
- Head-to-head betting is often the most popular and simplest form of betting on T20 cricket. All you have to do is simply pick the winner of the game. Before picking your team, be sure to research the history between the two sides and the squads being named. Sometimes, it can pay to take early, big odds, but a late injury or omission could drastically swing those odds and the result of a game.
- Bookmakers will often run markets for an individual team’s highest run-scorer and also the game’s highest run-scorer. When taking these markets into account, it’s important to do your research. Which players perform against certain teams? Which players perform better on certain grounds? Have injuries or omissions given a certain player a better opportunity to spend longer at the crease at valuable odds? History often repeats in cricket – keep that in mind before you bet.
- Much like highest-scorer, most wickets is a market that requires you to do your homework. These are the questions you should be asking before you place your bet:
– Have I got the best odds for this bowler from the different bookies?
– Does this bowler have a strong history against this side?
– Does the opposition side bat well against spin or pace?
– Does the bowler have form at the venue?
- When looking at the markets for the season ahead it can be difficult to find the value before a ball has been bowled.
One thing to look when betting on the Future’s market is where did your tip finish in the previous season? Which players have been signed in the IPL auction?
Players to watch in the 2018 IPL tournament
*Click on the tabs and links below to read about the best IPL players
- English all-rounder Ben Stokes has his fair share of haters in world cricket, but as the most expensive player in the IPL auction, we’re expecting a big year from him. Click here for more:
- Hardik Pandya has seemingly come from nowhere to be one of the most powerful and exciting all-rounders in India and a star of the IPL.
Click here for more on Pandya:
- Jaydev Unadkat has forged a surprising and lucrative career as a limited overs specialist and will be one to watch in 2018 as leading wicket-taker.
Click here for more on Unadkat:
- The Australian left-armer, Mitchell Starc, is among the world’s very best pace and swing bowlers and demanded a high price at the IPL auction. After a long and productive summer playing for his nation, his performance in India will be fascinating watching:
Click here for more on Starc:
- David Warner was once the IPL’s greatest run-scorer and best import – but a cheating scandal with ball tampering has left the opening batsmen’s career in limbo. Will he take his place in the 2018 IPL?
Click here for more on Warner:
- Kuldeep Yadav has gone from relative obscurity to a handy spin option for the Indian international side in all three formats of cricket. We’re expecting big things of the unorthodox left-armer this season.
Click here for more on Yadav:
- There are no words that can completely encapsulate the talent, skill and importance that Virat Kohli holds in all forms of Indian cricket. The captain of the national side is also a hero in the IPL, where he continues to deliver with the bat and as captain.
Click here for more on King kohli:
- Jaspreet Bumrah is a tall fast bowler that has come a long way in the last 12 months, featuring strongly in limited overs cricket for India and being strongly hyped for a big IPL season after a big haul in the recent player auction. This man is one to keep an eye on for futures betting.
Click here for more Bumrah info:
IPL winners list
|Year||Champion||Runner Up||Player of the tournament|
|2008||Rajasthan Royals||Chennai Super Kings||Shane Watson|
|2009||Deccan Chargers||Royal Challengers Bangalore||Adam Gilchrist|
|2010||Chennai Super Kings||Mumbai Indians||Sachin Tendulkar|
|2011||Chennai Super Kings||Royal Challengers Bangalore||Chris Gayle|
|2012||Kolkata Knight Riders||Chennai Super Kings||Sunil Narine|
|2013||Mumbai Indians||Chennai Super Kings||Shane Watson|
|2014||Kolkata Knight Riders||Kings XI Punjab||Glenn Maxwell|
|2015||Mumbai Indians||Chennai Super Kings||Andre Russell|
|2016||Sunrisers Hyderabad||Royal Challengers Bangalore||Virat Kohli|
|2017||Mumbai Indians||Rising Pune Supergiant||Ben Stokes|
How to watch IPL
Depending on which country you are watching from, the IPL should be very easy to find online. As one of the biggest and most-watched tournaments in world sport, most major sporting networks will offer streams and you’ll also be able to go directly to the IPL website at iplt20.com to watch your favourite teams and players.
Alternatively, keep an eye out for bookmakers which offer free live streaming of IPL cricket and if you’ve tried absolutely everything and still can’t find a video stream, use a VPN blocker to mask your country of origin and allow access to previously-blocked websites.