Free bets at New Jersey bookmakers
Now that sports betting is no longer illegal in the USA, pro-gambling states such as New Jersey can reap the myriad benefits of a legitimate, regulated online wagering industry. With business comes competition, and with competition comes value. If you want maximum bang for your buck, read on to find out how you can take advantage of free bets and other bonus offers at NJ online bookmakers.
What are free bets?
Free bets are the most common way online betting companies reward new members and loyal customers. There are a few different varieties, but the premise is always the same: you get the opportunity to place a bet and win money without risking any of your own cash. ‘Free’ is a subjective term, however, as deposit and wagering requirements often apply.
How to get free bets at New Jersey betting sites
There are a few ways to acquire free bets at online sports books. Sign-up bonuses are available just about everywhere, but some operators also offer weekly specials and reward their regulars for consistent betting activity.
- Deposit match bonus: Add a certain amount of cash to your account and receive a free bet of equivalent value. For example: if you deposit $100 upon signing up, you might have the option to claim another $100 in free bets.
- Matched bet bonus: Make a wager with your own money and receive a free bet of the same value. For example: if you sign up, deposit some cash and stake $50 on your first bet, the bookie might give you a $50 free bet in return.
- No-deposit bonus: Bet with bonus credits or free cash without having to make a deposit. For example: if you sign up at a sports betting site, you might be awarded a $10 free bet before you add any money to your account.
Free bet wagering requirements
While some New Jersey bonus bets come with no strings attached, most are subject to various terms and conditions. The most important of these are wagering requirements, which determine how much money you have to play through before an online gambling operator will allow you to withdraw your winnings.
For example, let’s say we accept a $50 free bet upon signing up at a sports bookie. If that bonus comes with a standard wagering requirement of five times (5x) the initial value, we have to place at least $250 in bets before we can withdraw any money from our betting account.
Bonus requirements can vary from bookie to bookie. Some ask you to bet through more or less than others, while it is not uncommon to have to clear both the initial amount of both the free bet and any winnings received from it. As such, it is vital that you read the terms and conditions before accepting any bonus offer from an online bookmaker.
Best New Jersey bookies for free bets
As with the booming New Jersey online casino industry, most of the state’s licensed bookies will operate from the casino resorts of Atlantic City. You can bet your bottom dollar that all of them will offer massive incentives to gamblers in a bid to corner a lucrative new market.
- Borgata Sportsbook – MGM’s Atlantic City site already has strong ties with GVC Holdings, which owns leading British bookie Ladbrokes along with Sportingbet and bwin.
- Caesars Sportsbook – With 888 on board and two other AC casinos on its books, Caesars Entertainment could launch as many as three different sports betting brands.
- Golden Nugget Sportsbook – Betfair is the power behind the Golden Nugget Online Casino, so it seems all but certain they will also collaborate on a bookmaking service.
- Resorts Sportsbook – Having joined forces with PokerStars in 2016, Atlantic City’s oldest casino is a massive player in the New Jersey online gaming scene.
- Tropicana Sportsbook – Partnerships with Gamesys and Virgin have worked for the Tropicana thus far, so a Virgin Sportsbook could be on the cards as well.