Best German betting sites online 2019
Sports betting in Germany is perfectly legal, with both regulated local sports betting sites and the ability to bet with offshore betting sites available. In short, Germany has tried and failed to restrict sports betting to a state-run monopoly, before being forced to allow its citizens to bet with offshore betting sites, following a ruling by the European Union. There are also a handful of sports betting sites that hold Schleswig Holstein licenses, which allows them to offer their services to this German state. This state of online sports betting flux is likely to continue in Germany until at least 2021, although the long term outlook is that there will country-wide legislation brought in for German sports betting sites. BettingPlanet.com believes the following are the best German online betting sites in 2020:
Best German betting sites
World's Biggest Bookie!
Up to €100 in Bet Credits for new customers at bet365!
Visit Bet365 bet365 Review
|Open Account Offer: Minimum deposit €5. Bet Credits available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. Full T's and C's.|
Deposit €75, bet with €150
Visit Betsson Betsson Review
Take every opportunity!
Bet €10, Get €10 In Bonus Tokens
Visit SportPesa SportPesa Review
|18+, New Customers only, No E-Wallets, Applies to first settled bet | Bonus paid as €10 Bonus Token, Min Stake €10.|
The game is good!
100% deposit bonus up to €200
Visit Guts Guts Sports Review
|18+ Gamble Responsibly.|
Sports betting at German bookmakers
The best German betting sites offer an impressive range of markets to bet on for the country’s most-popular sports. Our recommended and ranked online bookmakers are all legal, secure and licensed – click on the ‘review’ button to learn more about which bookmakers will suit your needs.
Top sport and racing markets
- You may not have heard of it outside of Europe, but Thoroughbred racing is massive in Germany. There is racing at a number of high-class venues throughout the country on almost every day of the year — the large majority of which are televised and archived for punters. Several Group 1 encounters in Germany attract some of the world’s best horses and the punters flock to these events. Racing is the lifeblood of the online bookmaker industry.
- Germany has a rich basketball history and a strong national team and domestic competition. Local Basketball bookmakers will take bets on the NBA, where the German legend Dirk Nowitzki is in the twilight of his illustrious career.
- Football betting is one of the world’s most popular gambling past times and in Germany this is no exception. Sports books offer a huge range of betting markets for the local league, the Bundesliga, other major Europe competitions like the EPL, La Liga, Ligue 1, Champions League and of course, internationals and the World Cup – where Germany has enjoyed great success over the last century.
- Germany loves its boxing and MMA and has its heroes in both sports. The country has hosted world title bouts and big UFC cards and the bookmakers have a wide range of markets regularly open to gamblers in these fields.
- While some American sport like baseball and NFL football does not quite land in Europe, there are US Sports that are popular to bet on, especially in Germany. Germans take a keen interest in NHL ice hockey and NBA basketball – where they have their own stars playing in both leagues.
- Germany has had some of the best players to ever grace a tennis court on both the male and female circuit. As one of the most popular sports in the country, bookmakers will always hold various, perpetual markets on the ATP, WTA and lower-level tours, but tennis bookies will focus their main energies on the majors like the Australian Open, Wimbledon, French Open and US Open.
- While they don’t have anyone in the top 20 in the world now, Germany does have a rich history of star golfers and the sport is popular with bettors, who enjoy a wide variety of golf betting options.
- German bookies also run betting markets for:
- Greyhound racing
- Formula One
- Rugby league
- Rugby union
- Table tennis
- Winter sports
Best casino sites Germany
Love your casino games? In Germany you don’t have to even leave your home to play. German players have access to the world’s best online casino websites and the security and superior experiences they offer.
Classic games such as blackjack, craps, poker, roulette and even slots – are all available at our recommended real money casinos. Each of the sites listed in our review panel below will accept players from Germany. Be sure to read the reviews provided by BettingPlanet.com to find the one most-suited to your needs.
Best German casino sites
200% up to €100 + 100 Free Spins
Visit Guts Guts Casino Review
|New Accounts Only. A 200% bonus up to €100 and 100 free spins on Conan Video Slot. Min Deposit €10. Neteller, Skrill excluded. Full Terms.|
Biggest online slots casino
All Slots Casino
3 x 100% Matched Deposits up to 500€ BONUS
Visit All Slots All Slots Casino Review
King of mobile!
Leo Vegas Casino
20 Free Spins - No Deposit Bonus
Visit Leo Vegas Leo Vegas Casino Review
|20 Free Spins on Book of Dead game only. Must be claimed on the 'My Offers' page within 14 days of sign-up. Free Spins have a €0.10 value each and expire 7 days from claim. 35x wagering requirement on eligible slots before winnings are converted to cash.|
More slots than most!
$100 + 100 Free Spins
Visit Slots Million Slots Million Review
|Valid in any non-restricted country. 48x wagering requirements. Full terms and conditions apply. Full T's and C's|
Get yourself a Gator!
House Of Jack
$1000 + 200 Free Spins!
Join House of Jack House Of Jack Review
$1400 + 80 Free Spins
Visit Casino-Mate Casino Mate Review
20 Years Online!
100% up to €1200
Visit Royal Vegas Royal Vegas Review
I'm Agent Jack Spinner!
100 No Deposit Free Spins
Join Agent Spinner Agent Spinner Review
|Offer triggered with SMS code to verify phone number. Spins valid 24hr. Wagering 50x within 24h. Max win 50E. Some country restrictions apply. Full t’s and c’s apply.|
Up to 200 free
Visit Wixstars Wixstars Review
|18+ Gamble Responsibly.|
Top casino games
- Real money slot games is one of the great features of online casinos. If you like playing the slots, there can sometimes be hundreds of different variants to explore — you can play classic three and five-reel video slots, progressive jackpot slots, and a number of themed games that feature the world’s most popular movies, TV shows, video games.
- If you’ve played Black Jack at your nearest casino lately, there’s a good chance you’ve been victim to the latest trend of hiking up the house edge with the classic game of 21. The good news is, if you love blackjack games and want to play with the original rules, you can play the game online. Each one of our top-ranked online casinos offer many different versions of the game, some even have live dealers.
- It’s as simple as this — good luck trying to find a single-zero roulette table at your local casino or gaming establishment these days. They disappear more and more as brick-and-mortar venues look to sharpen their edge. If you love the game of roulette, you’ll find it in its purest form online. You can find live dealers and tables at significantly raise your winning percentage.
- There is no lack of games available to you at our recommended online casinos. Whether you’re looking for the classics or after something new all-together, you’ll find everything you seek, including:
- Caribbean stud
- Casino hold’em
- Red dog
- Sic bo
- Three card poker
- Video poker
- Casino war
- Instant scratch cards
- Pai gow poker
Safe banking options at German betting sites
German players enjoy the security and safety that the world’s most-renowned and respected online casinos and bookmakers provide. Licensed online venues provide the most secure deposit and withdrawal options and operate under strict regulations. The currencies accepted include the Euro (EUR) which is the currency in Germany. Online betting sites will even have localised deposit options for the German market.
For instance, of the more common betting site deposit options found in Germany, that aren’t found elsewhere, include payment processors and web wallets like Paypal, Skrill, Giropay and Sofort. Giropay is one of the best payment processors if you hold a German bank, because it has low fees and is an instant way of transferring money between yourself and a casino, without using your credit card.
Common banking options include:
- Wire transfer
- Sofort betting sites
- Direct bank transfer
Online sports betting laws in Germany
Germany, the land of exquisite cars, exquisite beers, beautiful cities and precise engineering, is also a place that’s passionate about sport and provides avenues for citizens to have a gamble on the games they love online. But is online gambling legal in Germany?
The quick answer is yes.
The popular past-time was originally outlawed in Germany in 2008 after an interstate treaty. Luckily for punters, Schleswig-Holstein refrained from signing this treaty and created its own state gambling laws. What eventuated was a state where gambling companies, bookmakers and casinos could be licensed and their product made available to all German citizens.
In 2012 the German gambling treaty was upgraded to allow the operation of a limited number (20) of online sports betting companies online across the country.
While online casinos are unable to establish themselves within Germany, Germans are not prosecuted for playing at offshore online casinos, the large majority of which happily and enthusiastically accept players from the country and provide thousands of pages, posts and games in the German language.
In recent years the German Government has attempted to create a monopoly in the betting market with a state-run operator, but a determined group of sports betting companies used European laws and Court of Justice to determine the existing laws invalid, allowing them continue to operate in Germany unimpeded.
What the future holds for German online betting sites, is probably a great level of regulation, although it’s highly unlikely to happen before 2021 because of the terms the European Union placed on Germany. So rest assured it is perfectly legal and possible to bet on sports from Germany at leading online betting sites.