Dominica betting sites 2021
Dominica betting sites are available in 2021, with 100s of websites willing to accept sign ups from this Caribbean island. The top Dominica betting sites will allow you to wager on mobile and computer and offer odds on everything from domestic sports to international events. The best DM sports betting sites are:
Best Dominican online bookmakers
Best Sports Betting Odds
Bet £10 Get £30 in free bets
|Visit 888 Sports 888 Sportsbook Review|
|Full Terms & Conditions|
#1 Sports, eSport, & Casino Betting
€30 Welcome Free Bet
|Visit Betway Betway Review|
|New UK & Ireland customers only. Min Deposit: £10. First deposit matched up to £30. 1 x wagering at odds of 1.75+ to unlock Free Bet. Debit Card & PayPal deposits only. This offer is valid for 7 days from your new account being registered. T&Cs Apply|
All Players Accepted
150% up to 450RM
|Join Dafabet Dafabet Review|
Discover more ways to play
Deposit £10, get £30 free
|Visit William Hill William Hill Review|
50% matched deposit up to USD $5,000
|Visit BetOnline BetOnline Review|
Dominica, home to sulphur vents, the volcanically-heated Boiling Lake, and a gambling industry made up of rather confusing laws. While all forms of land-based gambling are illegal on the Caribbean Island, online wagering laws aren’t as transparent.
So can a Dominican place a bet at an online sportsbook? We answer below.
Online betting laws in Dominica
With just 75,500 people on the island, Dominica is not perceived to be a gambling nation. Although other Caribbean Islands are known for their gambling facilities, either running land-based casinos to generate income from tourists or licensing online gambling operators, Dominica (different to the Dominican Republic) remains independent of gaming operators.
Gambling in the country, which gained independence in 1978, has operated under the Small Charges Act 1891 since amendments made in 1964. Under this legislation, Dominicans cannot lawfully run a land-based gambling venue, with penalties ranging up to three months of jail time. Those found on the premises will be told to leave or face prosecution. Additionally, anyone gambling in a public place faces punishment on the spot.
There are exceptions, including lotteries, horse racing wagering, and events approved by the government.
Given the legislation is quite old, it lacks specific regulations that ban Dominicans from placing a bet online. The country, similar to Belize, grants inexpensive betting licenses to offshore operators on the condition its residents aren’t eligible to create an online account.
However, Dominica’s licensing authority hasn’t flourished, and other Caribbean Islands and countries license gambling sites instead, which Dominicans can bet at. These sites are located overseas and feature several sites offering competitive odds.
Dominica online betting sites
Since Dominica’s online betting industry remains unregulated, we recommend researching advanced gambling jurisdictions to ensure you only deposit money at secure sites.
We have made a list below to detail features to look at out for at reputable sites;
- You can figure out if an online betting site is licensed by an advanced jurisdiction by scrolling to the bottom of the homepage and looking for a logo. We recommend the Malta Gaming Authority, Curaçao eGaming, The UK Gambling Commission, Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission, The Alderney Gambling Control Commission and Gibraltar Gaming Commission and Authority.
- Be careful not to jump at remarkably good odds – the site could be unlicensed and too good to be true. The sites in the table above have competitive odds within the global industry, while also maintain a reputation as secure bookmakers.
- Since we are playing at sites located overseas, we need to know if we can get instant access to customer support 24/7. We only recommend bookmakers with top-notch customer support on hand, and instant access via a live chat.
- A sure fire way to determine whether a site is rogue is to read the bonus terms. If they’re misleading, confusing or missing completely then avoid the betting site. Our recommended bookmakers feature bonuses with clear terms and conditions attached, which you should always read before opting in for a promotion.
Bet on sports with the Eastern Caribbean dollar
Due to the small demographic, bookmakers catering to a global audience don’t include currencies such as the XCD. Alternative options include USD, EUR, AUD, NZD, CAD and a few extras. Take a look at the currencies when signing up, and check out the currency conversion rates for each to make your decision. If you don’t have time, playing in NZD might be your best bet.
Available deposit and withdrawal methods include
- Visa, MasterCard and other credit and debit cards.
- Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, and others – check out Caricoin as a cryptocurrency web wallet for Caribbean users.
- Skrill, Neteller, EcoPayz, PayPal, and more.
- Wire transfers, cheque, Money Order, Western Union and more.